Yikes! It's the last day of November and nary a blog post in sight. Sigh. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, but I hope to post more frequently in the future. Tomorrow is the start of Holidailies 2021 and I have an ace up my sleeve for posts, so I might actually not be lying!
Anyway, November has been a good month. Here are 10 reasons why.
- I took a horror writing course given by the folks at Autocrit. Years ago I tried my hand at a horror story for Nanowrimo. I managed to write the required 50,000 words, but the story pretty much sucked. The course was quite good, and while I totally slacked off on the exercises and discussion participation, I actually got some good ideas about how to rewrite the story. If that ever happens, that is.
- Speaking of Nanowrimo, I skipped this year. I did donate money to the cause, and got some trinkets as a prize.
- Speaking of totally slacking off, I have not started my gifts for Make and Send, part 2. I will though, I promise.
- My sister and brother-in-law came for a weekend visit! It was so much fun! We basically sat around and yakked and ate and drank and watched a Caps game on TV, but I loved every minute.
- Speaking of eating, we had dinner at the Black Powder Tavern, and who(m) did we meet? Why, Benjamin Franklin! In person! (Oh, all right - he was a Ben re-enactor, but totally in character, as far as anyone can know what Ben was like, I guess.) Anyway, Ben sat down with us (we made eye contact, alas) and explained how electricity worked.
- I met a friend who used to work where I work for dinner. I mean, I had dinner with a friend who used to work where I work. We had a great meal and a great time. The hipster restaurant shall remain nameless because they do not serve coffee, and whoever heard of such a thing?
- I tackled an unexpected project for work. It is going slowly and is frustrating because of a lack of decent source material. Or, it would be frustrating if I actually gave a damn.
- Thanksgiving was just great! I stayed in my jammies all morning, and watched the Macy's parade and listened to Alice's Restaurant and caught up with the National Dog Show.
- And then SonnyeBoy arrived! Yay!
- And then we had Thanksgiving dinner! I made the pie, but did not make a dinner. Instead, we went to the Black Powder Tavern for their Thanksgiving buffet. It was really really really good, and we are very thankful for that.