Today's Holidailies post is a good old Facebook meme, because I have much to do today!
Class of: 1970
1. Did you marry your high school sweetheart? No. I didn't really have one - I had various boyfriends but no one was really a sweetheart.
2. Type of car? When I drove, I drove my Mom's car, which I think was a Chevy Impala. Actually, that might have been the one I wrecked one month after I got my driver's license.
3. What kind of job? I was very fortunate - my folks wanted me concentrate on school. I did babysit for my older sister's kids though.
4. Where did you live? Silver Spring, Maryland
5. Were you popular in school? Within my own crowd, I guess.
6. Were you in choir/band? I was in the Glee Club for a year.
7. Ever get suspended? Certainly not! I was a very good girl!
8. If you could would you go back? No - that was then, this is now.
9. Still talk to the person that you went to prom with? I went to one prom, when I was a sophomore, at my date's school. I haven't seen the boy in almost 50 years. In senior year, I boycotted the prom and held an anti-prom party for my friends,.
10. Did you skip School ? See Number 7.
11. Go to all the football games? Since I went to an all girls' school, there was no football team. I did go to a lot of basketball games though!
12. Favorite subjects? English, including Creative Writing (go figure) and Great Books.
13. Do you still have your yearbook? Yes, all four. No idea where they are, though.
14. Did you follow the "original" career path? At first, I guess. I wanted to be an actress, so I majored in Speech and Dramatic Art in college. Then I was a clown, and now I'm a technical writer.
15. Do you still have your class ring? Yes! It doesn't fit on my ring finger anymore, though.
I also have Joe's high school ring. He gave it to me when we started going steady.
16. Favorite teacher? Miss Lewis, our very fashionable French teacher.
17. What was your style? We wore uniforms - hard to be stylish! Fall/spring uniforms were cotton skirts and seersucker blouses; winter uniforms were wool skirts, white blouses, and blazers. Loafers and hose for fall and spring; saddle shoes in winter.
18. Favorite Shoes? Keds.
19. Favorite thing to eat for lunch? Seniors were allowed to go off campus for lunch, so I'll say subs from Eddie Leonard's Sandwich Shop.
Eddie Leonard's Sandwich Shop, you should try 'em!
Eddie Leonard's Sandwich Shop, you should buy 'em!
No matter where you are, you're never very far
From an Eddie Leonard's Sandwich Shop!
20. Favorite band? Probably Simon and Garfunkel or The Beatles.
21. High School Hair? I started growing my hair in 9th grade, but the time I graduated, it was long and straight, down to my waist. I aspired to be a hippie chick.
22. How old when you graduated? I was 18 - January birthday!