I have both a morning routine and an evening routine. Let's start with my morning routine.
- Brush hair. On hair-wash days, leave it down. On non-hair-wash days, put it up in a ponytail bun.
- Shower. While showering, I use Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser; however, I ran out a little while ago and haven't been brave enough to go to the mall during the holiday season. So I've been using a sample bar of CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar - and I really like it! It doesn't dry out my skin at all. I may switch.
- Brush my teeth.
- Kiehl's Youth Dose Eye Treatment. It's okay, but I'll probably replace it when I use it up.
- Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate. I love this oil - it smells like fresh orange juice! I never thought I would ever put oil on my face, but now my skin sucks it up.
- Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer, SPF 30. This lotion is nice and light, and I like that it's sunscreeny.
- Ayr Saline Nasal Spray. I give my snoot a couple spritzes of this every morning. I'm convinced that it keeps me from getting colds in some magical way.
- Kiehl's Butter Stick for my lips. I like this lip balm very much. It's nice and thick, but it sinks in nicely. For someone who doesn't wear lipstick, it's great. It also has SPF 30.
- Of course, dee-oh.
I don't wear makeup; I'm simply too lazy to invest more time on it.
You may have noticed that I rather like the Kiehl's brand. I indulge in this pricey goo because I can really see a difference in my skin. It's not that I want to do the "anti-aging" trip. I don't mind being old (well, except when everything hurts), but I admit to a minor thrill when my oncologist told me that something didn't apply to me because I wasn't 65 yet. Hah!
Anyway, back to the routines.
Before I go to bed, I do this stuff.
- Brush my teeth. After rinsing my mouth, I rinse my face.
- Wash my face with Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil. Again, if you had told teenage me that I'd be washing my face with an oil-based cleanser, I would have scoffed. But I love it. It's light and foamy and smells of lavender, and my face feels clean but not tight afterward.
- Soak my night guard in warm/hot water.
- Floss. I hate flossing, but I do it. I'm sure I'd likely have full-on dentures if I didn't.
- Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream. It minimizes the bags.
- Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. This isn't for everyone; I know it can irritate. But for me it's lovely and lavendery.
- Put in my night guard. I grind my teeth while I sleep; I've already destroyed one tooth because of grinding, even with the guard.
That's been it lately, because I ran out of my Kiehl's Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream. This moisturizer smells so good! It makes my skin happy and I'll be getting more soon.
And that's your old lady beauty regimen!