Being fresh out of ideas for a post, I clicked the Random Promptinator. Here's what came up:
Where do you fantasize spending your perfect December holiday time? It has to be somewhere you've never been before.
Well, one is not enough. How about ten?
- At the top of the list is the Bracebridge Dinner at the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park. It's a special Christmas celebration that sounds just wonderful: a seven-course dinner and a show set in the Renaissance. Kinda like a really high-class Medieval Times. Top that off with the splendor of winter in Yosemite. Wow.
- Since I've been to Oahu, how about Maui? I know this is pretty much the opposite of Yosemite, but I'm sure I could find the Christmas spirit on the beach.
- Let's stick with warm weather and go to New Zealand, specifically Picton and the Juggler's Rest hostel. Call me crazy for wanting to stay in a hostel at my age, but it really sounds like a lot of fun. I'd have to brush up on my juggling!
- Let's see... How about Lake Louise in the Canadian Rockies? It looks absolutely gorgeous.
- Speaking of Canada, I'd love to spend Christmas at Mont-Tremblant. My sister has been skiing there are loved it. I personally would opt for the apres-ski, because why not cut to the chase?
- Key West, because I've never been to Key West, and I love cats and sunsets.
- Dublin, for sure. I bet the Irish throw a great Christmas party. Slainte!
- The French Rivera, except Juan-les-Pins, because I've actually been there. (I was only 15 and on a study tour, but I suppose it counts.)'
- Taos, New Mexico, because the Yuletide festival sounds wonderful.
- Santa Claus Village and Santa Park, Napapiiri in Lapland, Finland. I mean, you can't get too much closer to the North Pole!
In the end, though, as long as I'm with my family, I'll have Christmas anywhere. My family, some eggnog, a present or two, and all of the old stories and jokes -- for me, that's a perfect Christmas.