Okay, so I was holding off on an entry until I had news about the opportunity, but it's taking longer than anyone thought it would. So - here's this week's Sunday Stealing!
For some reason, this meme is called "Not All Who Wander Are Lost."
- Put your music player of choice on shuffle and list the first song.
- If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Would you take anyone with you?
I'd go to Ireland, because I haven't been there yet. I'd take Joe and SonnyeBoy, of course. In addition to all of the standard places, we'd be sure to visit Cork, because that's where Joe's ancestors are from. I'm absolutely sure he'd find some long-lost relations -- or perhaps he's the long-lost relation!
- What is your preferred writing implement? (eg. Blue pen, pencil, green pen)
I like plain old Bic pens in blue, unless I'm editing something. Then I must have red.
- When did you go on your first trip alone (without your parents)?
Hmm. Probably a camping trip with the Girl Scouts when I was younger, but the big trip I took was when I was 15, and went on a three-week study tour of France.
- Do you have connections to any celebrities (even minor)? List them.
Let's see... my brother went to grade school with Sylvester Stallone. Sly came over to play one day and my mom decided that he wouldn't amount to much.
- Name 3 items you could pick up from where you are.
A bag of Ricola cough drops, a photo of my Pop in his law school graduation gown, and the cat.
- How would you describe your sense of humor?
Dry, punny, skewed.
- Do you ever play board games or other non-computer games? Got any favorites?
Not as much as I used to, but I do like board games and cards a lot. Monopoly is my favorite board game; Hearts is my favorite card game.
- A musical artist you love that isn’t well known.
Chuck Brown, the godfather of go-go, may he boogie in peace!
- A musical artist you love that is well known.
So many to choose from! Let's go with a classic -- the Rolling Stones.
- What is your desktop background currently?
A beautiful sunset shot of a figure walking through shallow water.
- Last person you talked to, and through what you talked to them
- What do you carry your money in?
A wallet. In a purse. I wish I could say that I need a steamer trunk to carry my money, though.
- What timekeeping devices are in the room you are currently in?
- What kind of headphones do you use?
Ear buds that Joe gave me for Christmas -- but I don't know the brand.
- What musical artists have you seen perform live?
Let's see... the aforementioned Rolling Stones, the Lovin' Spoonful, the Who, Eric Clapton, Ravi Shankar, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, Bonnie Raitt, Linda Ronstadt, Little Feat, Led Zeppelin, Sting, the Neville Brothers, Delbert McClinton, Bob Dylan, the Band, Randy Newman, John Prine, the Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna, the Grateful Dead, the Righteous Brothers, Chuck Brown and Eva Cassidy, the Subdudes, Joan Armatrading, the Temptations, Leo Kottke, Tears for Fears, Blondie, and more and more and more. Those are just the ones I can bring up without thinking about it.
- How often do you clear your browser history?
Right after I look at porn. (Heh. Kidding!)
- What’s the best job you’ve ever had?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- What magazines do you read, if any?
People (in the dentist's office). It's funny, I used to read lots of magazines -- Mad, Ms, Utne Reader, Life, New Yorker -- but I seem to have gotten away from magazine reading.