Work continues to continue; my resume made it past the pre-screening; my Caps are battling the Senators and it's all tied up. So how about a nice, distracting meme?
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was getting ready for the first seminar of the new year, frantically finishing up my first course for my new job. What a difference 10 years makes!
2. By this time next year, I ...
...hope to be settled into a new home and new job in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. Apparently, the only indigenous mammal there is the fruit bat. Put THAT in your bag of useless information!
3. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing?
Yes. Whether or not it's a good thing depends, of course, on her political views. For example: Hillary Clinton = good thing; Sarah Palin = not a good thing.
4. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?
Eric Northman. Or Leonard Hofstadter.
5. Who is your greatest enemy?
I'd like to think that I don't have any enemies.
6. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
We travelled to western Maryland just before Christmas for a family party.
7. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
The dictionary, mostly to check spelling.
8. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
No, unless you count "Mom".
9. What are you dreading at the moment?
My performance review tomorrow. Well, I'm not really dreading it; I think these events are more like a trip to the dentist. You've got to do them twice a year, and you're lucky if it's painless.
10. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
No, I let that go years ago.
11. If you find an outfit you love, but the size on the label is larger than you want, do you buy the outfit? Why or why not?
If it fits, looks good, and I have the money, I buy it.
12. Even the biggest slackers are anal-retentive about something? What are you anal-retentive about?
Balancing the checkbook. And flossing.
13. Out of all the books you read as a child, which one had the biggest influence on how you are today?
Mr. Bear Squash-You-All-Flat. Or maybe Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
14. Which Golden Girl would you want to spend a night on the town with?
The one played by Bea Arthur.
15. What is the one product you would never buy in its generic form even if the generic is half the price?
Geez, I don't know!
16. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
Eight, I think. I was lying awake when I glimpsed my parents carrying our Christmas presents downstairs. I was okay with it because I suspected it anyway.
17. What is the one smell that turns your stomach without fail?
18. If someone holds out a carton of milk to you and asks you to sniff it to see if its spoiled, do you?
Sure. Rotten milk doesn't turn my stomach, and I'd rather smell it than drink it.
19. You have a completely free day and $2000.00, What are you doing?
Day o' Beauty and a fabulous meal or two.
20. What is the most used item in your home?
Probably the TV. Gotta keep up with Eric and Leonard!