It is just now nine o'clock in the morning. The temperature is already 88 degrees and it feels like 94. It's too goddamn hot to think, therefore I shall do today's Sunday Stealing meme before I take Joe to work and escape to someplace -- anyplace -- that's air conditioned.
1. Tell us about something that made you laugh last night.
The friendly barista at the heavily air conditioned Starbucks who asked me for a bite of my cake pop.
2. What were you doing at 8 PM last night?
Picking Joe up from work.
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
I was sweating.
4. What happened to you in 2006? (Feel free to republish an old post from '06.)
I was sweating.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
My God, it's hot!
6. How many beverages did you have today?
Two so far: hot coffee (yes, hot coffee) and cold water.
7. What color is your hairbrush?
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
Dinner. See #9.
9. Where were you last night?
At Facci, for a delicious dinner in an air-conditioned restaurant.
10. What color is your front door?
11. Where do you keep your change?
In my wallet, mostly. When it gets too heavy, I transfer the change to a little tin.
12. What’s the weather like today?
Haven't you been listening?? Hot. Damn hot.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
In this heat, any flavor is the best flavor!
14. What excites you?
The thought of our new air conditioning system.
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
Yes -- it's starting to creep down my neck again.
16. Are you over the age of 35?
17. Do you talk a lot?
Not excessively, but I can keep up a conversation. In fact, I had quite a fun conversation with a delightful woman at the delightfully air conditioned Panera Bread. It was packed (go figure) and this nice lady was searching for a place to sit. I offered her the empty seat at my table and we were off to the races. I know that she lives in Takoma Park, she's a widow, her mom and aunt had Alzheimer's Disease, and she's been to Bethany Beach. I do not, however, know her name.
18. Do you watch Franklin and Bash?
No. I'm still in mourning for Friday Night Lights.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
I know several people named Steven, Stephen, and Esteban.
20. Do you make up your own words?
No, unless writing fiction counts.
21. Are you a jealous person?
No. Wait, I take that back -- I'm very jealous of anyone with good air conditioning systems.
22. What does the last text message you received say?
It's from Joe, and it says: "Okay, enjoy!" in response to my text telling him that I was at the air conditioned movies about to see Harry Potter.
23. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
Taking Joe to work, then to the air conditioned Starbucks, where it's nice and cold.
24. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
I don't have any rude people in my life at the moment -- nice!
25. Are you crushing on anyone that you shouldn't be?
Yes. The air conditioning man.