It's been raining all day, from a light drizzle to a steady downpour, and it looks like it's going to rain all weekend.
Whenever it rains like this, I start humming the old Sesame Street song:
It's a rainy day, it's a rainy day!
It's raining outside and I can't go out to play.
Why do we need the rain anyway?
Then the song goes on to enumerate all the reasons why rain is good.
Yeah, I get it; I still prefer the sun though.
So in lieu of a sunny afternoon, I'll do a Friday Love List. Here's what I'm loving on a wet end of the week:
- A good night's sleep. I actually had a couple this week!
- The sound of spring peepers singing in the wet woods.
- The sight of robins.
- The Stanley Cup playoffs -- Let's Go Caps!
- Speaking of the Caps, I love that we clinched the Southeast Division title already. Third year in a row!
- Cheese curds, especially when they are all melty in a bowl of good chili.
- Fried cheese curds, all by themselves, especially the ones from the Dyckesville Bowl.
- Bowling, even though I suck mightily at it.
- Brandy Alexander, sweet, as served by the Club Chalet supper club in Green Bay. (Thank you, Esteban!)
- Laser tag! Who knew?
- Dancing, all by myself or with somebody or with a lot of somebodies.
- Glow stick bracelets.
- New friends.
- Old friends.
- Seeing friends I haven't seen in a few years.
- Finding out about interesting websites from friends I haven't seen in a few years.
- Firesign Theatre. Shoes for industry, compadre!
- A general lightening of spirit, coinciding (not coincidentally) with the very soon onset of Daylight Savings Time. Light in the evening! I sigh with happiness and relief.
And so another week comes to a close. This weekend promises to be much more laid back than last, and while I miss all my tribe and all the fun we have, it will be good to be quiet.
Besides, SonnyeBoy and his Sweetie are coming for a visit next week. I have to clean the bathroom!