The Strange Question Meme, Part 1.
Before I get started, I will say that I wondered why this was Part 1. I originally saw this on the lovely and talented Chai's blog, traced it back to the lovely and talented Bitchypoo, and then found it here, and the question was answered. Evidently it was originally a 50-question meme, but the Sunday Stealing folks thought that was too long and broke it in two. For that, I am glad -- 25 strange questions is plenty!
1. What is the color of your toothbrush? Blue and white. I need a new one -- the bristles are starting to curve outward.
2. Name one person who made you smile today. Joe, natch.
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? I was in the car, on the way to the Metro station, listening to Elliot In The Morning.
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? Eating peppermint ice cream.
5. What is your favorite candy bar? Hershey's with Almonds. I know that Hershey's chocolate is quite plebian and pedestrian and all, but I still love it.
6. Have you ever been to a strip club? Yes. I went to a delightful boite called The Pussycat Lounge for a bachelorette party -- there were female strippers in the front room and male strippers in the back room, so we had to parade through the female-strippers room to get to the male-strippers room. It was quite entertaining, especially when the bride-to-be had a sudden revelation when watching "Hot Chocolate" dance and announced quite loudly, "Oh my God! He's not circumsized!"
7. What is the last thing you said aloud? It was "OH!" just now when Ovie rang a puck off the post.
8. What is your favorite ice cream? Peppermint Chip, preferably with hot fudge. It's a good thing peppermint ice cream is more or less seasonal, because I would eat it constantly.
9. What was the last thing you had to drink? A big glass of water.
10. Do you like your wallet? Yes, although lately I've been carrying a tiny purse with built-in wallet.
11. What was the last thing you ate? Applesauce -- my dessert, until I go see if there are any Hershey bars with almonds in the vending machine.
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Nope.
13. The last sporting event you watched? In person: The Caps versus the Wild (the Caps won!). On TV: the end of the Redskins versus the Broncos (the 'Skins won! A miracle!)
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? The buttery-er the better. Caramel is a very close second.
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to? My nephew, to set up a meeting place for the Caps game last Friday. I know! I don't text all that much because my phone is not conducive to texting.
16. Ever go camping? Yes, back in the olden days. I would be very happy to never camp again.
17. Do you take vitamins daily? I do when we have them.
18. Do you go to church every Sunday? Only the Church of the Donut, and that only sometimes.
19. Do you have a tan? Not for a very very long time -- probably back when I camped.
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza? As a rule, I'll take pizza, unless I have a craving for egg drop soup.
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw? Not often, because the sodas last longer when I don't.
22. What did your last text message say? It said, "k". I am a master of the terse.
23. What are you doing tomorrow? I am working working working working working working working.
24. Favorite color? Purple.
25. Look to your left; what do you see? An end table, with a lamp, a clipboard, and some papers.