Hello, Friday! It's a monsoon outside, but I am home. We really need this rain, but it does make for a white-knuckle flight from office to home. At any rate, even though there are copious amounts of liquid falling from the sky, it's still time for the Love List.
- Being home and warm and snug and dry.
- Macaroni and cheese - homemade, out of a box, from the cafeteria; I don't care. I love it.
- Taking a little taste of some of Joe's more interesting cigars.
- Ice cold Coca-Cola.
- Hockey night in Washington!
- Joe B and Locker.
- Hot chocolate with whipped cream.
- Coffee with whipped cream.
- Oh heck, whipped cream.
- Going to sleep without the blanket, but waking up with the blanket. Thanks Joe!
- Mojitos that do not taste like Scope.
- Tres Leches cake.
- My coworkers. The guy in the cube across from me and I have been having a friendly discussion all week long about the chances of the Redskins beating the Patriots on Sunday. He's funny, but for some reason he believes that my team has no chance! O ye of little faith! There is always a chance, at least until kickoff.
- The absolute silence of Red Rock Canyon. It makes you want to hold your breath.
- The sound of the crickets and birds just before dawn.
- Listening to traffic splashing through wet streets when I am not in it or on them.
I think I'll go put on my jammies and settle in for the evening. I don't have the ingredients for a mojito, but I know have some Swiss Miss around here someplace!