All right, I'm done with the sad song shit.
But! I'm not done with songs. Joe was the inspiration for this one. As we were driving to the mall after a dandy Sunday morning breakfast at Tubby's Diner, he asked me a question:
"Mary, how do I get to Sugar Hill in Harlem?"
And I -- of course -- answered:
"Joe, you would take the A train."
And thus was born a quiz. The questions come from the lyrics of a variety of songs; the same lyrics also contain the answer. Leave your answers in the comments. If you're the first one to get 100%, I'll send you a very valuable prize. (Okay, it's leftover swag from 3tacon, but it's good, I promise.)
1. Why don't the pumps work? (Hint: Bob Dylan)
2. You ain't been blue until you've had what? (Hint: Duke Ellington)
3. Damn! I misplaced my heart! Where did I leave it? (Hint: Tony Bennett)
4. Who came from Miami, F-L-A? (Hint: Lou Reed)
5. So take a good look at my face. What's easy to trace? (Hint: The Miracles)
6. Why don't I need to ask for anything more? (Hint: George Gershwin)
7. You know, you should be glad. Why? (Hint: The Beatles)
8. Who was a low-down hootchie-kootcher? (Hint: Cab Calloway)
9. Who killed those Kennedys? (Hint: The Rolling Stones)
10. Who has eyes that men adore so, and a torso even more so? (Hint: Groucho Marx)
I'll post the answers in a couple days, if no one beats me to it.