Sorry to have disappeared like that. I'll make it up to you, honest.
Just so you know I wasn't reclining on my chaise lounge watching soap operas and eating bon-bons, here are ten things that have happened in the last four days.
1. We got the living room and stairwell painted a refreshing bright white. We almost don't need lights!
2. Because we had to unload and then move the living room furniture for the painters, we were forced to acknowledge that we own entirely too much crap -- VHS video tapes of rassling shows, odd sitcoms, and old movies; cassette tapes that are stretched out and inaudible; random cables; and enough audio CDs to stock an outpost of Sam Goody. The Great Purge of 2007 has begun. Stay tuned for mega-deals and grab bags!
3. I got a pedicure at my mom's house! She had her pedicurist come over and give my sister and me pedicures as our Christmas present. My toenails are now a beautiful, deep red, and my calluses have been beaten back once again.
4. While at Mom's, I got to visit with my sister and brother-in-law, my nephew, and my other nephew, along with two of his four ultra-cute kids.
5. I unhooked and rehooked up the computer. Then the surge protector shit the bed, and I had to troubleshoot that.
6. I watched the Masterpiece Theater version of Jane Eyre, in its entirely, between 3:00 am and 5:00 am this morning. You know, I barely made it through the book back when I was in the seventh grade. All of my girlfriends loved it; I hated it. But I liked the show very much -- I may have to try reading the book again.
7. I balanced the checkbook. Whew; we still have money.
8. Rome! Geez, the cliffhangers are killing me!
9. Courtesy of some very nice guys, we went to Verizon Center Saturday night and watched my Caps beat the Canes, 7-3, from the highest seats in the arena. A great view, but I must say that once you get up there, you really don't want to move until you have to. (Thanks, Chuck!!)
10. And afterward, we went to Tastee Diner for "breakfast". Nothing like eggs over easy, home fries, and a vanilla milkshake at 11:00 at night!