Well, it's been quite a week. Here are ten things about it.
- My great good friend Judy arrived on Sunday. She was delivering the keynote address and conducting a workshop in nearby Conshohocken, so she came in a couple days early for a visit.
- Judy treated us to a live taping of the Lovett or Leave It podcast at the Merriam Theater in Center City - it was fabulous!
- Before the show, though, we had dinner at the famous Monk's Cafe, which was just a couple of blocks away from the theater. Joe's been wanting to go there because they have a great beer selection. He was not disappointed! The food was amazing. I had the chicken thighs - you might think that chicken thighs would be kind of a pedestrian dish, but you would be wrong. It was soaking in a delicious sauce and was accompanied by sweet potato mash and roasted broccoli. Heaven in a bowl.
- Monday was a glorious late spring day, so naturally we went for a stroll through KOP Mall. Hah!
- But we had lunch on the patio at Yard House, so we got our outdoor fix.
- Judy and I then saw Book Club, which was really cute.
- My Capitals were in a do-or-die situation for Game 6 Monday night - and they won, beating the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-0 to even the series and force a deciding Game 7!
- Tuesday and Wednesday were chemo days - my penultimate treatment!
- Because my veins are pretty much shot, I have acquired the nickname "Two-Stick Mary."
- My Capitals beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 4-0 in Game 7 to become the Eastern Conference Champions and earn a trip to the Stanley Cup Final! Let's go Caps!!
So, I am now ready for a restful, long weekend. How about you?