Four years ago today we loaded up the truck and moved to Bev-er-ly!
Oh okay; we let some very good movers load up a truck and we moved to Pennsylvania!
"So - after four years there, how's it going?" I hear you cry.
Well, it's going just fine. Here are ten things about that finery.
- We still love our apartment; in fact, we just renewed out lease!
- We now have a different sofa (Ikea, EKTORP), which fits the space much better then the old one did.
- We also have a different dining table. Ikea, again - but it's much sturdier and has a magic storage space for the leaf. It just pops right up and springs into place! Well, actually, it does require a little manual intervention, but not much.
- We have an additional cat - little Miss Taffy, aka The Beast. Little Bits does not consider this to be fine, however.
- We love the area, from the parks - especially Valley Forge National Park - to the huge King of Prussia mall and brand new town center.
- Craft beer abounds!
- The second-best ice cream ever is two miles away. (The best remains the late, lamented Gifford's, from my youth.)
- Our local tavern serves great food and great drinks, and it's only a mile from home! Not only that, the folks are friendly and fun. We're regulars, for sure.
- Our doctors are wonderful - especially our primary care doc and my oncologist.
- One last word: cheesesteaks.