I admit it; I stole this from the lovely and talented Bev Sykes of Funny the World. It's a two-part meme of questions reviewing the past year. So that's two more posts as we barrel to the end of this year's Holidailies!
Was 2016 a good year for you?
It had some highs, some lows. The high was our trip to Ireland; the low was my lymphoma diagnosis.
2. What was your favorite moment(s) of the year?
I have a few favorites: our anniversary dinner at the Capital Grille, seeing OVO with Joe and Pat, our trip to Weetacon after a couple years away, our family reunion at the beach, every moment we spent in Ireland, hearing the word "benign."
3. What was your least favorite moment(s) of the year?
Learning that I had lymphoma.
4. What did you do in 2016 that you'd never done before?
I went to Ireland! (This is going to be a theme...)
5. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really make resolutions per se, but I did set goals for the year, none of which I completed, except for going to Ireland. However, I did make progress on them, so there's that.
6. Where were you when 2016 began?
Home, watching the ball drop.
7. Who were you with?
I was with Joe. We were drinking champagne.
8. Where will you be when 2016 ends?
Home, watching the ball drop, unless something exciting pops up! We'll probably go out to dinner beforehand.
9. Who will you be with when 2016 ends?
I will be with Joe. I expect that we will be drinking champagne
10. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, not this year.
11. Did you lose anybody close to you in 2016?
No, and for that I am grateful.
12. Who did you miss?
I always miss my Mom and Pop. I also miss seeing my siblings as often as I used to.
13. Who was the best new person you met in 2016?
The first-timers at Weetacon - I can't restrict it to one person.
14. What was your favorite month of 2016?
September, because that's when we went to Ireland!
15. Did you travel outside of the US in 2016?
Does Ireland count?
16. How many different states did you travel to in 2016?
This year we went to Maryland, Virginia, and DC. We did, however, travel through Delaware on our way to Maryland.
17. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
More focus and motivation.
18. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 19 -- the day we flew to -- you guessed it -- Ireland.
19. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Maintaining my walking schedule of at least a mile at least three times a week -- until my surgery, that is.
20. What was your biggest failure?
I did not accomplish my juggling goal.
21. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was diagnosed with CLL/SLL Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Happily, it does not require treatment. Yet. I also had both ovaries and fallopian tubes removed because of a "concerning" cyst on the left ovary. Happily, it was benign.
22. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new iPhone 7s.
23. Whose behavior merited celebration?
SonnyeBoy's -- he's doing wonderfully well in law school.
24. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Oh God. Donald Trump and his minions.
25. Where did most of your money go?
Paying bills. Someday, someday...