Okay! Here's Part 2 of the End of the Year meme, courtesy of the lovely and talented Bev of Funny the World. I was going to post this last night, but Typepad wasn't cooperating.
26. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Um, that would be... can you guess?... going to Ireland.
27. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2016?
No, but I drank more than I usually do, but even that really wasn't much at all.
28. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2016?
Just prescription drugs for blood pressure, diabetes, and depression. I also indulged in some opioid pain medication after my surgery (hello, Dilaudid!).
29. Did you treat somebody badly in 2016?
No. At least I don't believe that I did. I may have ignored some people, though.
30. Did somebody treat you badly in 2016?
32. What do you wish you'd done more of in 2016?
I wish I'd done more juggling and more Zentangle-ing.
33. What do you wish you'd done less of?
35. What was your favorite TV program(s)?
Game of Thrones, The Night Of, Big Bang Theory, Inkmaster, Documentary Now, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
36. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Eve of Destruction. This song was released in 1966, but it's still scarily accurate.
37. How many stage shows did you see in 2016?
One -- OVO by Cirque du Soleil. We also saw some live music: Christina Havrila, June Rich, and Ron Holloway.
38. Did you have a favorite stage show in 2016?
Since I only saw one, I guess that's it -- OVO.
39. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ruthie Foster -- I love her voice and she sings the blues; what's not to like? Her version of Ring of Fire is inspirationally sexy.
40. What was the best book you read?
Fiction: the Outlander series. Non-Fiction: a toss up between The War of the Roses and Chain of Title.
41. What was your favorite film of this year?
I kinda loved Secret Life of Pets.
42. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 64. It was Martin Luther King day; we went to a nice lunch and saw The Force Awakens.
43. What did you want and get?
All kinds of things!
44. What did you want and not get?
A winning lottery ticket.
45. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A winning lottery ticket.
46. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
47. What kept you sane?
48. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
If by "fancy" you mean "admire," President Obama.
49. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
Don't forget your mammogram!
50. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Look out kid; it's something you did -
God knows when but you're doin' it again."