I started to do Sunday Stealing, but I didn't like the questions all that much, so I decided to do the Saturday 9 instead! The week's edition is based on the song Five O'Clock World.
- Think back to Friday. Did it fly by? Or did you find yourself checking the clock and wishing it was 5:00?
It went by pretty quickly, actually. I'm in the midst of editing and updating a user guide and I wanted to finish up a couple chapters so that I could check it off my list.
- This song refers to the 5:00 whistle that signifies the end of the work day. What's the last whistle, alarm or buzzer you heard?
My morning alarm, yesterday at 6:00 AM.
- In the 1960s, the Vogues often appeared on TV variety shows to promote their record albums. Do you have the TV on now, as you answer these questions?
Yes, I do. It's tuned in to the Redskins-Packers game. HTTR!
- "Vogue" means "popular or fashionable." Tell us about something that you feel is in vogue today.
Beards seem to be quite popular among young men again, but the guys wear them with short hair. Back in my day (ahem), boys had long hair with their beards.
- Vogue magazine reported that the big Fall/Winter trend was brocade. Describe the latest addition to your Fall/Winter wardrobe.
SonnyeBoy gave me a wonderful warm hoodie for Christmas. It has the University of Maryland School of Law logo on it!
- Vogue editor Anna Wintour is such a difficult boss that disgruntled employees nicknamed her "Nuclear Wintour." What qualities do you think make a good boss?
Always having your team's back. Collaboration with the team to come up with good ideas, processes, and ways of making the work better. Giving credit where credit is due. Appreciating the work that the team does and making sure that upper management knows about their contributions.
- Ms. Wintour was rumored to be the inspiration for the character of Amanda in the book and movie, The Devil Wears Prada. Did you receive any books or movies for Christmas 2015? Did you receive any gift cards that you then used for books or movies?
Not this year, but I gave Barnes and Noble gift cards to Joe and SonnyeBoy.
- "Vogue" was also a dance, made famous by Madonna in her 1990 hit by the same name. Can you name another Madonna song?
Of course - Like A Virgin.
- Random question from a Sat9-er: How organized are your clean clothes? (Stacked in piles, folded neatly in drawers, still in the dryer....?)
Folded neatly in drawers!!