Been a while, hasn't it? Here are ten things that happened in the last couple of weeks.
1. Let's just get this out of way: work sucks. I'm maintaining, but I'm not doing anything that I remotely enjoy. The one project that I actually want to work on -- indeed, my strategic project! -- keeps getting pushed back.
2. But! Out of the blue the other day, I got an email from a former staffer. There's an opening at her company for a manager of Product Documentation/Product Education. If that's not right up my alley, I don't know what is. So I applied, and we'll see. The company's in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania -- but I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.
3. SonnyeBoy is fine; in fact, he is realizing with each passing day how much he dreaded going to work -- not because he might get killed in the line of duty, but because he was slowly getting stabbed in the back by his superiors. It makes my dissatisfaction with work pale in comparison.
4. Joe and I saw Despicable Me 2 yesterday. It was wonderful -- great animation, cute plot, in-jokes galore, and minions!
5. Speaking of wonderful, we saw Book of Mormon at the Kennedy Center a week ago. As i said on Facebook, it was blasphemous and sensational! I have taken to singing "Hasa diga ebowai" (which, according to the musical, means "Fuck you, God!" at work. My other favorite numbers were "Turn It Off", which featured a fabulous group tap routine, and "Spooky Mormon Hell Dream", which was a truly amazing Parker and Stone outrageous big production number that featured Satan, Hitler, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Johnnie Cochran. An all-star lineup! Also, Jesus sounded like Cartman.
6. I will never take air conditioning for granted ever again. It has been hot. as. balls. It's supposed to get better this week -- only in the high 80s. I have come to believe that extreme weather is like childbirth -- you forget how awful it is until the next time it happens.
7. Ink Master is back!
8. I have a favorite among the latest cavalcade of cats -- he's a little, runty, black kitty with bulgey eyes, so of course, his name is Popeye. He's fearless! When we put food out on the stoop, Popeye will shove every other cat aside, including the big cats.
9. The other day I put on a cute sundress that I haven't worn in years. It fit! Woot!
10. I got a huge, wonderful, terrific surprise the other day. I got a package in the mail, which contained a lovely sketchbook, perfect to keep in my purse, and two drawing pens. I couldn't figure out at first who had given me this present, then I read the gift message. It was from the lovely and talented Fredlet!! She has also taken up Zentangle. So, my darling Fred, here is the first tangle in my new Zentangle Book!