It's a regular social whirl this weekend, so rather than wait another day, here is this week's Sunday Stealing! It's called -- for some reason -- Awkwardly Intriguing Questions.
1. What’s something you hide about your personality? My shyness. I'm pretty good at mixing and mingling, but I need a lot of downtime afterward.
2. How do you deal with criticism?
It depends on the criticism. If it's constructive and I can act on it, I'm fine with it. If it's petty and mean, I get upset. Or defensive. Or angry.
3. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you? Find me a new, high-paying job. Or just pay all my bills.
4. Which fictional character would you most like to have lunch with and why? Jane Tennison, from Prime Suspect, because she's smart, but flawed. Kind of like me!
5. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration? The Overload and Underlord -- great examples of how not to manage people.
6. What’s the most infuriating thing your parents (or caregiver) do? They keep on staying dead.
7. Which movie character do you most identify with and why? Ruby Keeler as Peggy Sawyer in 42nd Street, because she started out as a chorus girl and ended up a star!
8. You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?
My weapon of choice would be a Common Sense Ray Gun and the line I would scream is "GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!"
9. What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you? I once took up calling an old boyfriend "Honeybear" because he always called me "Babydoll." I once offhandedly remarked that I thought he called me "Babydoll" so that he didn't have to remember my name. He blushed. That may well have been the beginning of the end of that particular relationship.
10. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? What’s the story behind that? I used to enjoy yoga, but I can't do it anymore because many of the poses trigger dizzy spells. It's part of the joy of having Meniere's Disease.
11. Which mythological creature are you most like? Oh, I dunno -- how about a mermaid? Why? Because I love the ocean and enjoy luring sailors to their deaths. (Heh.) And if you
could be any mythological creature, which would you want to be? Oh, let's stick with mermaid. Why?
Because I love the ocean. I guess I can do without luring sailors to their deaths.
12. Describe your dream library.
It would have beautiful floor-to-ceiling bookcases, with a couple of those rolling ladders to make it easy to get to the high books. It would have a couple of big comfy chairs with matching ottomans, a coffee machine, excellent lighting that switched off as soon I fell asleep, and Junior Mints.
13. If you could design an amusement park ride, what would it be like?
It would be a lot like a classic wooden roller coaster, with seats that fit my ass and cars carved like carousel horses.
14. Do you have any “rules” about food? Never eat anything bigger than your head.
15. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships?
If the relationship works for the folks involved, who cares? In one of the most loving relationships I've ever known, there was a thirty-year age difference.
16. What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about?
Read the other two "Fifty Shades of Grey" books. I read the first one -- hot but horrible -- so I have a real approach/avoidance feeling about the other two. I certainly don't want to spend money on them.
17. Describe a time/event in your life that you’re nostalgic for. There are several... let's see... my wedding was pretty wonderful, SonnyeBoy's various graduations, my first few dates with Joe, lunches with my mother, the road trip I took all over New England with my best best friends after I graduated from college, the night I watched the big top drop in Biloxi, Mississippi...that's enough for now.