Yes, I know it's been a week. Yes, I know this is a meme. So be it!
I would visit Key West, Florida. I've always wanted to go to Key West, just to hang out and watch the sunset, drink colorful beverages and make friends with the six-toed cats.
2. Name three of your guilty pleasures.
Toddlers and Tiaras, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, and Dirty Dancing.
3. The best kind of Girl Scout Cookie is:
Thin Mints! No, wait -- Samoas! No, wait -- Tagalongs! Oh hell, wait -- Thin Mints!
4. What do you value most in other people?
5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you’re baking cookies?
Of course!! Why else would anyone go to the trouble of baking cookies?
6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?!
No. Pretty much every bad thing that's ever happened to me has been a bad thing.
7. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited?
It's a tie between the north shore of Oahu and Logan Pass in Glacier National Park.
8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?
9. Name three things you are thankful for right now.
Bon Ami, air conditioning, and Joe.
10. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race?
Sure. During grade school, the annual school picnic featured three-legged races, sack races, water balloon tosses, you name it.
Of course!! And I sing along, too!
12. What kind of work do you do?
I develop web-based training courses. I also edit murky prose, write job aids, and get irritated.
13. During the course of your lifetime, which job or career has been your favorite or most fulfilling?
Clowning. Too bad I wasn't very good at it! (By the way, I am only counting jobs or careers that I got paid for.)
14. Do you think it’s necessary in your life to have a day-to-day “career” that is meaningful and service-oriented or do you function better in “just a job” with a steady paycheck?
Oh hell, I don't know. If "meaningful and service-oriented" doesn't pay the bills, that's bad. If "just a job" sucks your soul away, that's bad. On the other hand, if "meaningful and service-oriented" really is and pays the bills, that's about as good as it gets, and if "just a job" enables you to do something you love in you spare time, that's pretty damn good too.
15. Was there ever a time in your life when you wanted to stay home with your children instead of working, even if it meant less money in the household?
Yes, when I had a child.
16. Tell us your worst boss story.
I once had a boss who threw a hissy fit over a survey I developed, because she thought I was trying to discredit her ideas. She actually wrote this on the review copy that I'd sent her. I actually went to HR about it, and transferred out of her department shortly after that. (I still have the survey!)
17. Have your ever been the boss?
Yep. It was not all it was cracked up to be.
18. What is your dream occupation?
Oops. I forgot to answer this one earlier. My dream occupation? Billionaire. (Thanks l'empress!)