Here's a random sampling of what I've been up to in the last week.
1. I discovered Instagram. This is the result of seeing a reference to it on a forum I frequent, and now voila! I have an account and I've shared pictures and I've followed friends and friends have followed me. Ah, the wonders of the iPhone! (On the other hand, I signed up for Pinterest a while ago, but have yet to create a single pinboard. Someday I will sit down and make an effort to figure it out.)
2. I was once again struck with the variety of music we own. Here's a shot (one my Instagrams!) that shows a tiny bit of the entire collection.
The CDs that are facing out are: Frank Zappa, Broadway the Hard Way; Charles Mingus, Pithecanthropus Erectus; Jerry Garcia, Garcia; Yma Sumac, Mambo!; Van Morrison, Days Like This; Mountain, Twin Peaks; Herbie Hancock, Headhunters; Roy Orbison, Greatest Hits; Rick James, The Ultimate Collection. The top shelf, which you can't see here, features Hildegard of Bingen, The Beatles, and Steeleye Span. We rock!
3. I undecorated, putting our wee tree back in its box until next year, although we might go back to a real tree next year. Then again, that's what I said last year and the year before that!
4. I made Snickerdoodles.
5. Joe and I went to the Caps game last Friday night. We have a favorite beer vendor, our buddy Ron. He's a big old teddy bear of a man who always gives me a big old hug when he sees me. I always enjoy seeing Ron; I think he's a good luck charm.
6. I had my performance review. I fully met expectations. The more I go through this yearly exercise, the more I think it's a huge crock of crap.
7. I renewed my driver's license. I got the renewal notice in November and promptly ignored it. Late last week I realized with a start that I had been ignoring it, and it was going to expire on my birthday, and I couldn't get there on a weekday, and the MVA was closed today for the holiday, and that left Saturday. It was as crowded and boring and time consuming as I thought it would be, but I had my iPhone (Angry Birds! Scrabble! Collapse!) and my Kindle, so it wasn't a total loss. I won't have to do that again for five years!
8. I watched a lot of football and hockey. At least I won't have worry about having to choose between the Saints and the Packers. Go Ravens!!
9. Joe and I went to eat at a new place to us: Comet Ping Pong. It has really really really good pizza! My only quibble is that the restrooms are hard to spot -- there are no signs on them and you kinda have to know where they are. The hostess actually showed me, so I filed that info away for the next time we go. We are splurging for our birthdays this coming week and going to a very fancy DC joint called Birch and Barley for dinner. Joe is looking forward to the vast array of artisanal beers; I am looking forward to dessert.
10. I finally beat Level 11 of the Smugglers' Plane game of Angry Birds Rio. Three stars in each level, and only a few consultations with the walkthroughs online! I'm so proud.