It's fixin' to be a rainy, stormy night. We've already had one taste of a downpour, but more is evidently in store.
Time for a love list -- not necessarily one related to rain, but just because.
- Italian Ice on a hot afternoon. Well, anytime actually.
- Friday Night Lights. I am going to miss this show so much.
- Little perfect moments in TV shows that indicate great acting -- like one in season finale of Treme where LaDonna's husband tells her they're not selling the bar and that they're going to move back to New Orleans. LaDonna (Khandi Alexander) just stares in disbelief, and then -- as the elevator doors close -- she just moves to him and hugs him hard. It lasted but a second, but it brought tears to my eyes.
- The British version of Top Gear. Jeremy Clarkson is a hoot, James May is delightful, and I just want to fold Richard Hammond up and put him in my pocket. The cars that they test are pretty great too -- would anyone like to buy me a Bugatti Veyron?
- Sleeping without the worry of getting up at a particular time.
- People watching on the Metro.
- Ben Tausig's crossword puzzles.
- Vanilla bean Frappacinos.
- Looking at the pictures from my various travels. It almost inspires me to do some more scrapbooking, but not quite.
- Optical illusions. Remember that donut tree from last week? Okay, I'll 'fess up here -- it's actually two separate trees. The power lines do go through them. One is trimmed back severely on one side; one is trimmed back severely on the other. But when you're driving toward them, the trunks align perfectly and... donut tree!
- Yellow roses, especially when Joe surprises me with a bouquet of them, as he did this evening.
- Cool evenings.
- Fixing dinner, which I am about to do. Grilled pork chops, salad, and biscuits -- come on over!