I've been feeling a little down in the dumps over the work situation, partly because I'm no longer a manager in the New World of Work. It's not really a demotion because there's no loss of grade or pay, but it feels a little demotion-ish.
So I thought I better think of some good things. Here are ten.
1. My final performance review with my boss was very good. In the New World of Work, my boss is taking on a new assignment, so I guess she's really my former boss. I got a bit emotional and I HATE getting emo at work, but I held it together until the very end when we gave each other a hug. Damn. But it was still good.
2. This recipe for chocolate sauce sounds really good and pretty easy. I am going to buy some good vanilla ice cream this weekend and pour this sauce over it.
3. There was a promise of spring in the air today, despite freezing rain earlier in the week and colder temperatures forecast for the weekend. Spring is very good, very good indeed.
4. Hugs. Hugs are good.
5. Watching A Hard Day's Night and remembering how much fun it was to see it for the first time, in Ocean City, when I was 12. My Pop let me and my sister go see it instead of riding the rides on the Boardwalk. What an adventure! So good!
6. The Ovie the Spy commercial for SportsCenter is all kinds of good. Look! He's even wearing his skates!
7. Jon Stewart is extra-special good, especially when he calls out Fox News.
8. Sugar cookies. Good. Yes.
9. You know that time when you're sort of waking up and you're really, really comfortable and perfectly warm? It's nice, and also? Good.
10. Life. Life is good.