Happy Day After Thanksgiving! Here are ten things about our holiday.
2. We spent much of the day in our pajamas.
3. We broke with tradition. Rather than watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, we watched the Fred and Ginger marathon on TCM. You can't go wrong with Fred and Ginger! Flying Down to Rio is pretty saucy for its time, what with half-nekkid girls perched on airplane wings getting their tops blown hither and yon.
4. I cooked nothing. No, I tell a lie. I heated up some soup and made some Bisquick biscuits for lunch.
5. I visited Mom for a little while. When I arrived she was struggling to drink some ice tea -- she didn't have a straw, so most of the tea was on her bib and the bed. I helped her out with that and alerted the staff, who cleaned her up. She was pretty sleepy the whole time, but we had a good visit.
6. Joe and I went to Annapolis to my cousin's place for dinner, and boy what a dinner it was! My cousin's wife is a fabulous cook. Roast turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet and sour carrots, sauerkraut, roasted brussels sprouts, rolls and butter, gravy, cranberry relish, pumpkin pie, wine, and coffee. I'm probably forgetting something, but it was a stellar feast for sure.
7. Roasted brussels sprouts are delicious! Normally I am not a brussels sprouts kind of gal, but these were good -- roasted with cloves of garlic, an asian-y sauce, and a bit of olive oil. I will have to get the recipe. (Of course, having the recipe is no guarantee that I will fix them.)
8. SonnyeBoy had dinner with his girlfriend's family. She is a lovely girl, so I am okay with this. Besides, I'll see him this weekend.
9. By the time we got home, the Fred and Ginger marathon was over, but the Pawn Stars marathon was on. Woo!
10. It's been cloudy and cold and misty for several days, including Thanksgiving, but somehow that didn't put a damper (sorry) on the day.
Now I'm getting ready to head to the beach with my sister and brother-in-law, where we will winterize and close up the house. I'm looking forward to $2.00 electric bills!