I shoulda stood in bed.
After a nice long weekend of doing stuff that I wanted to do, including nothing, I did not like having to get up and go to work.
I did it anyway.
Adding to my general feeling of fuck-it-all was the grey, cloudy, occasionally drippy weather, the lack of people in the office, the email I got from my supervisor, and a pervasive feeling of Being In A Snit.
Oh well. I guess we all have days like this. My problem is that most of November tends to be like this. It's dark. It's chilly. It's depressing. The traffic sucks. Ugh.
At times like these I start pulling all of the "At leasts" out of my ass. You know:
- At least it's almost Friday already.
- At least the 4:00 conference call was good, even if it was at four-fucking o'clock.
- At least I got one nagging thing done that I'd been ignoring.
- At least I didn't cough so much today.
- At least I went for a walk at lunchtime.
Sometimes you gotta grab at whatever straws present themselves.