I was trying to decide all day how to do the Love List today. Shall I do places I love? Shall I do people I love? What about this? Or that?
But the lovely and talented Meg, creator of the Love List, decided for me.
- Fire-roasted tomato soup followed by the goat cheese and pine nut salad from here
- Rare roast beef, with onions and tomatoes
- Half-price burger night at the Olney Ale House, especially the BBQ Burger
- Milkshakes. Yes, even McDonald's milkshakes
- Potato chips. Oh God, potato chips!
- Fresh, homegrown tomatoes, sprinkled with salt
- Fried green tomatoes
- Steamed blue crabs (yes, Bev, with Old Bay!)
- Sweet white corn on the cob
- Frozen custard
- Matsumoto shave ice
- Azuki bean ice cream
- Cherry Garcia ice cream
- Butter Pecan (or, as we say in our fambly, Buttery Khan (KHAAAANNNN!) ice cream)
- Vanilla ice cream, with Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies crushed on top
- Meringue cookies
- Cream soda
- A well-made Mojito
- Fried chicken
- Baked potatoes
- Macaroni and cheese
- St. Andre cheese
- Hummus and pita chips from here
- My Gramma's pumpkin pie, with real whipped cream
- My mother's Chocolate Angel Pie
- Thanksgiving dinner -- whatever that entails, as long as there's roast turkey
- Steamed spiced shrimp, with cocktail sauce
- Oysters on the half shell, preferably with a mignonette sauce as opposed to cocktail sauce
- Crisp apples
- Yogurt raisins
- Filet mignon! With horseradish sauce! And a baked potato with butter!
- Coffee, coffee, and coffee.
- And Gingerbread Lattes.
I could go on and on, but for some odd reason, I'm hungry.