It's Friday, and I missed last week's listing of love-ly things, so I must make up for it, even though I got a bit of a shock today at the nursing home, which is that Mom may get discharged as soon as next Wednesday.
Oh. God. Now what?
But I can't quite bring myself to think about that now. I'd rather think about things I love. So here are some of them.
- I love my new shoes, which I totally and completely bought because Melinda bought them and they were way too cute not to buy immediately.
- I love the smell of Joe when he gets home from new job as a purveyor of fine tobacco products. Yep -- Joe's working at a local upscale cigar and tobacco shop. Last night he came home and smelled of sweet, musky, fresh tobacco.
- I love real whipped cream, the kind you whip yourself.
- I love hot rolls and butter.
- I love fried eggs, crisp bacon, grits, fresh-squeezed orange juice, hot coffee, and milkshake for breakfast.
- I love checking out The Daily Oliver.
- When I have a sore throat, I love sipping on crushed ice with vanilla and sugar. My Pop used to make it for us when we were kids.
- I love Ron White -- his joke about his van versus his prick brother-in-law's Mercedes is priceless: "Ron, I don't think you understand the intricacies of Mercedes-Benz engineering. I've got the three-in wipers that keep my headlights clean in a rainstorm!" (Pause.) "I've got a place to fuck your sister."
- I love the circus. Any circus; all circus.
- I love this sign, which is posted in the stairwells in the hospital parking garage. Nice to know where to go to get some refuge.