Here's another edition of Sunday Stealing!
1. What is your zodiac sign? Capricorn - with Moon in Libra and Scorpio rising. I also evidently have a grand trine in my chart, which is good, or so I'm told.
2. What is your favorite color? Purple - I think because it's a combination of red and blue, my other favorite colors.
3. What’s your lucky number? It's 9 - at least according to the numerologists. When you add up my birthdate (1-18-1952), it eventually reduces to 9.
4. What talents do you have? Oh, my talents are many and varied. I can juggle (poorly), draw (poorly), write (technically), present (well), act (naturally).
5. Are you psychic in any way? Nope.
6. Favorite song? Willin', by Little Feat.
7. How many pillows do you sleep with? One, although I have four on my bed.
8. What position do you usually sleep in? On my side, usually the left.
9. Have you ever tried archery? Yes! I took an archery and badminton course for a PE requirement in college. I got a B.
10. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without sleep? Probably 24 hours, but I can't put my finger on a specific instance.
11. Do you have any scars? Yes - from my appendix, gall bladder, and hernia operations; a couple from nasty cat scratches, and one little one from the time I accidently stabbed myself with a seam ripper.
12. Have you ever had a secret admirer? If I did, it's still a secret.
13. Can you do any other accents other than your own? Yes, but I'm willing to bet that none of them are very accurate.
14. Are you a good judge of character? I don't know. I really don't.
15. Can you curl your tongue? Yes!
16. Are you a clean or messy person? Both. Since moving to our apartment, I have been much neater. It seemed like a good time to clean up my act, so to speak.
17. How long does it take for you to get ready? Half hour, if I have to shower and shampoo; otherwise, a couple minutes.
18. Do you have much of an ego? It's pretty proportional to my id and superego.
19. Do you talk to yourself? Oh yes. I often have heated discussions with myself.
20. Do you sing to yourself? Yes.
21. Can you name all 50 states of America? Yes! (But don't test me please.) When I was a kid, we used to play "Name the State Capitals" at dinnertime.
22. Have you ever been scuba diving? No, but I've been snorkeling. I was very nervous and scared of stepping on the coral reef and destroying the ecosystem.
23. What makes you nervous? The number of batshit crazy people in Congress (lookin' at you, Tea Party!)
24. Do you correct people when they make mistakes? When I edit stuff, yes. Otherwise, only if I'm asked.
25. Are you ticklish? Yes, but I'm not saying where.
26. Have you ever been in a position of authority? Yes - President of the Society for Technical Communication. Also mom.
27. How many piercings do you have? Two in each ear, all of which are closed up.
28. Can you roll your Rs? Yes - four years of high school French helps.
29. How fast can you type? About 80 words a minute. No guarantees as to accuracy though!
30. What are you allergic to?
31. Do you keep a journal? Duh.
32. Do you like your age? Sure!
33. What makes you angry?
34. Were your ancestors royalty? Not that I know of - I do know that I qualify to be a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution though!